Thursday, March 1, 2012

WELCOME

Welcome to the blog. I wanted to document a season with a basketball team in Costa Rica's First Division. I've been coaching for a while in Costa Rica and I wanted to keep track for posterity's sake about this season.

After working on and off for the Escazu basketball team for the past five years, I took the big decision in January to seek out new horizons with a new team, Sanatura Desamparados. New challenges, new faces, new players and new problems. With this change came new partners in this basketball journey: Fernando Esquivel, Team President, and Neil Gottlieb, the Head Coach. My official role is Assistant Coach; Neil at one point brought up the idea o co-coaches, but I think it's important to have one guy in charge on the court, and in this case that will be Neil.

So what can you expect from this blog? A little bit of everything about a season of basketball in a developing country. This is not the NBA...or the NCAA...or junior college ball. Anything can and will happen in this league. My intent is to give the readers a taste of the ups and downs of a season in the tropics.

Why is this blog in English? I write faster and better in English. That doesn't mean we can change it up from time to time and write in Spanish, but this will largely be written in English.

Disclaimer: all views expressed in this blog are strictly my own and no one else's. If you don't like them, feel free to drop me a line or take it up with management.

No comments:

Post a Comment